“Where the road ends in Afghanistan, the Taliban begin.”
Subscribe to our channel!
The US war in Afghanistan has raged for 16 years, since the US invaded after 9/11, in 2001. At the onset, a centerpiece of US strategy was to rebuild Afghanistan’s crumbling infrastructure. This move expedited military logistics and maneuvers, while simultaneously reigniting travel between Afghanistan’s major cities. But when the US started its war in Iraq, that diverted resources and manpower from the battlefield of Afghanistan. And the Taliban didn’t miss the chance. To date, the most ambitious roadbuilding project, known as the Ring Road, has seen over $3 billion spent on its renewal. And it was never completed.
To truly understand the international conflicts and trends shaping our world you need a big-picture view. Video journalist Sam Ellis uses maps to tell these stories and chart their effects on foreign policy.
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what’s really driving the events in the headlines. Check out to get up to speed on everything from Kurdistan to the Kim Kardashian app.
Check out our full video catalog:
Follow Vox on Twitter:
Or on Facebook:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Dự Án Chung Cư The Emerald – 0961044583 – Đất Đỏ
- Bán căn hộ 88m2 chung cư Vinhomes Nguyễn Chí Thanh [ Tư vấn dự án: 0943 120 273 ]
- Vinhomes Ocean Park mới nhất đang hoàn thiện 27 tòa trong hơn 66 tòa chung cư và 2300 căn thấp tầng
- TVC chính thức từ chủ đầu tư – Chung cư Imperia Sky Garden.Hotline: 0988453663
- Bán căn chung cư Vũng Tàu Melody ngay bãi Sau dt 60m2